Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Spirit brings us knowledge, lifts us, comforts us, gives us the ability to preach in a language that we barely know, touches the hearts of all those who are willing to give him place. What a gift we have, my friends.

Dear everyone,

Well, Hipólito was baptized, he received The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and he's on a spiritual high!  Right after his confirmation he told us that he felt like his chest was on fire and even though the room was cold, he was warm.  It was really spiritual.  I love that feeling!

Today, we did work because we're having a special activity tomorrow.  And today was great!  We met with a Pentecostal Pastor and taught him the message of The Restoration.  The Spirit was perhaps stronger than any other lesson I've ever been in.  Mauro is very humble and so sensitive to the whispering of the Spirit.  At the end of everything, he looked up at us after having read part of the introduction of The Book of Mormon and he said, "So, basically you're telling me that every church--the Muslims, the evangelicals--all of us--is false except yours and that Christ Restored it through a living prophet just as He did in ancient times?"  We said that, yes, that was exactly what we were alleging.  We testified.  The Spirit was strong.  He said, "Okay.  I'll have to pray about this.  And read."  He was so sincere.  There was no challenge in his manner.  He just wants to know.  Wow!  It was a miraculous experience.  He prayed at the end at his countenance was just...  Different.  His wife was crying.  The Spirit was flowing strong.  He will pray.  He will find an answer.  He will be baptized.  I know it.

I'm so amazed by the Spirit.  He brings us knowledge of so many things!  He lifts us.  He comforts us.  He makes us bold or tells us to hold our tongues.  He gives us the ability to preach in a language that we barely know and he touches the hearts of all those who are willing to give him place.  I find myself more addicted to his presence and find it disturbing when I drive him away.  What a gift we have, my friends.  What a gift.

I sure love you all and I'm working hard.  Expect letters in the coming weeks--it's a new goal I have.

May the New Year bring you much happiness and success,

Elder Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment