Monday, September 17, 2012

Taught over 20 lessons last week!!!



Dear loved ones,

This week was a successful and joyful one.  I'm loving the opportunity
that I have to see these folks grow and change so much.  Admittedly,
many people haven't been progressing super well, but I'm prayerful
that we'll start to see a change in that soon.  We had over 20 lessons
this week.  =)  I'm trying to focus on the mission more than anything
else these days and I've started to see the miracles from it.  The
Lord is with us and He's so willing and able to bless His children.

Personally, I'm super happy right now and loving my mission.  Elder
Clifford has seemed pretty down lately and I haven't had much success
in cheering him up.  I'll redouble my efforts on that and have faith
that I'll see some more spark and fire in his eyes.  One thing that
I've been trying is being positive.  At times, Elder Clifford
complains about Africa, energy, water, the people, etc. but I've been
trying really hard to change the subject and talk about the good
things.  It's...  Not working great.  I think he gets the impression
that I'm treating him like a child which hasn't been my intention.
I'm not too worried--I'll keep trying and I know that it'll all work
out.  We both want to serve the Lord and I think that's bigger than
any other pettiness that exists between us.

I'm trying to help my District get along as best possible and no one
seems to be having any real problems--we all have the same goal in
mind and I think that helps a lot.  Our house is a lot of fun and gets
a lot work done.

This upcoming week I want to focus more on teaching with members and
doing service.

My life is so good, guys.  I don't have a good way to explain it...
The Lord loves this work.  I that's the way to explain it and I'll
leave it there.  He loves what I'm doing and that makes me
indescribably happy.  We're happy when we do what makes Him happy.
That sounds way more meta than it actually is.

I'm still in Luanda 2, I'm now the District Leader, and I'm liking my
house.  I get the feeling that I'll be leaving Luanda this upcoming
transfer.  Huambo, maybe?  Who knows?  This week, Ema gets baptized!
She's a great girl who has grown a lot.  She's the niece of a very
strong member and has truly converted herself to the gospel.  I'm
excited for her future.

Heather, I finally got your letter.  I love you!  I'm sorry that I was
annoying about hearing from you--I'm just not willing to let go of
some friends.  The rest of you...  Write, too.  =)  And yes, Heather,
that does mean that you're extremely special.  You're the best.  (No
offense anyone else.  I love you all.  Some of you have already
written me and therefore were exempt from my annoyance--or I at least
already have your addresses.)  Letters to all will go out soon.  Sorry
for the delay; there's not enough time in the day.

Guys...  there is not enough time for me to express my feelings well.
I am so grateful to the Lord for the project that He's making out of
my life here.  I feel different lately.  Older.  Better.  Happier, to
be certain.  And...  I just want to do the right stuff more than I
want to do the wrong stuff.  It's lovely.  Someone recently asked me
what I'd been learning in my studies.  You all know what it is?  It's
all true, it's all important, and it's worth all we've got to get it.
I've said it before, but obedience to our Father is the greatest
blessing of this life.

If you ever have any doubts about any of this, go back to that
beautiful grove in the springtime of 1820.  It's where our thoughts
should always go--straight to the reason that we KNOW that these
things are true.  A boy just wanted to know the will of the Lord.

Welcome to His will.

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment