Monday, May 14, 2012

That's why I'm here--to help them find their miracles!!!


Dear everyone,                                                                                                                May 14, 2012

Talking yesterday was so much fun!  I've realized that it's a bit more for my family than it is for me, but that isn't to say that I'm not super grateful for it.  The nieces and nephews are getting huge.  I definitely wasn't quite ready for that.  Everyone seems healthy and happy and I'm very glad that you're all being so well taken care of.  If I can ever do anything for any of you, please let me know.  Mom, I've heard from a few sources that the blog hasn't been updated.  I'm not sure what's up--probably just some posting error or something--but it might be something to look into.

Life here is continuing on its ever-faster course to completion.  I'm nearing a year and that scares the heck out of me!  I'm deepening my focus, making some big changes, and working as hard as I know how.  The Lord's blessings are more and more noticeable every day.  I've realized (with a big kick in the pants by the Spirit) that I'm nowhere near who I want to be--as a missionary, man, or follower of Christ.  I've got a lot of deepening to do in my own conversion.  That said, I have what I have right now and I'm working with it.  I just want to bless these people with the gospel.  It's so important.  They need this.  They need to find the truth.  They need the miracles that come from knowing this gospel.  That's why I'm here--to help them find their miracles.  It's taken me nearly a year to figure it out; the reason I came here is to change peoples' lives in the way that mine's been changed.  I guess that's a weird way to say it, but it's true.  I love seeing the miracles take effect--people giving up the beer they've lost themselves in for the last 20 years, men leaving their girlfriends, marriage, believing in The Book of Mormon... and so much more.  I love seeing people see.  I love it when they understand that they need this.  It's not just a church.  It's not just a different doctrine.  This is truth!  This is happiness!  This is the only way.  That's why I'm here.

I love this place.  I recently met a woman who is undergoing some serious changes.  She met the missionaries, began attending church, read a little, and realized that she had to leave her boyfriend (who is married and paying for her schooling).  What an incredible thing that is!  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so powerful that she's not only willing to make these changes, she's jumping at them!  Please keep her in your prayers.

Elder Borden and I will be moving soon-ish.  We have the apartment chosen but because of paperwork...  Well, we don't know when it will be.  Pray for us, please.  =)

Life is great, the church is true, people are incredible, and I love you all.

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment