Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Better late than never!!!

Dear Everyone,
I'm sorry this is so late! I don't want to point any fingers or anything... Let's just say that we're really trying to work on obedience at home right now.
I have incredible news! Zefa is getting baptized this Saturday and she asked me to perform the ordinance! Wow. What an honor. I've worked with Zefa for a long time and I feel very close to her. She will surely be a dear friend for years to come.
Honestly, I don't have a lot to say today. Elder Soares of the Quorum of the 70 was here this last weekend for District Conference, Zone Conference, and various trainings. It was... Quite an experience, to say the least. Inspired men sure are neat. He gave exactly the advice that everyone on this mission needed. I sure hope we all follow it. Angola will not be becoming an official independent mission this year. Almost surely next year, but not yet. President and Sister Walton will be leaving in July. I'll sure miss those two! What an incredible couple. We're incredibly blessed to have them.
Do what the Lord wants. His will is... Well, it's more important than ANYTHING. If He asks it, it's for wisdom's sake. Also, it's for our good, our edification, and our happiness. His work is us. Let's not let Him down. He requires relatively little and everyone at the same time. He wants us to be who we are but to still live in the way that He in His infinite wisdom knows is best. He loves us. Let me say that again: He knows ALL--every fault, mistake, sin, hurtful word, short coming, shame, disgrace--and He loves us still. If you don't know that, please find it. It's a blessed knowledge.
Nephi said, "I know He loves His children. Nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." Me neither, Nephi. But the knowledge of His love is enough to get through most anything, isn't it? Just... follow Him. I've seen the consequences of ths who choose other, flawed paths. It's not happiness. It's not joy or contentment. It's... Emptiness. Lack of something that you need. I promise you all that regardless of what we think we need, we need His presence way more. He knows that too. My invite is simple: Seek it.
I love you guys. Stay the course.
Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment