Monday, January 23, 2012

New week and transfers coming

Dear various friends and family,

Well, I just got back from an African Safari. Yeah... It was
awesome. Truthfully, we didn't see a lot (because of the war here a
lot of animals left and are just starting to migrate back), but we did
catch sight of Zebras, Elephants, Monkeys, Wildebeasts, something they
call deer but that look like small antelope, Palancas Negras, and just
beautiful African countryside. As we drove up, we saw a big fence and
President said what we were all thinking: "Is anyone else reminded of
Jurassic Park?" The next four hours were taken up by raptor jokes.
Ken would've been proud. We rode in a giant Jeep-like-truck-thing.
More Jurassic Park jokes. Overall, it was a blast.

We find out about transfers tomorrow and transfer on Thursday. I
should be staying in Luanda 2 and Elder Sande should be moving, but
that's just the logical decision, not the spiritual one. We'll see
what happens. =)

I've been reading a lot in The D & C lately and I recommend it. Words
straight from the mouth of Christ are pretty powerful.

This week we should set 2 more baptismal dates. We tried last week,
but ran into complications with feelings of unreadiness, etc.
Everyone's doing well and learning quickly. We had 140 people at
sacrament meeting on Sunday.

Mom, I got my care package from the Reedys. Thank you! The gummy
stuff was perfect! All the elders were really grateful. The jerky
was a hit, too.

To everyone, I'm thankful for the dearth of fat jokes because of my
defective bed. =)

Well, I don't have much to say today. Life's trucking along and I
love you guys. I know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that
our Father in Heaven is guiding things for our ultimate good. I can
see His hand from very early moments in my life and I'm SO grateful
for Him.

Keep on being examples of the believers,

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment