Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Falling missionaries and bunk beds!!!


Dear friends and family,

The safari was delayed for another week. So... I can't tell you how it went, yet. Next time. =) Antonica will be baptized on the 4th of February, Samuel is praying about his date of the 28th of January, and Alberto is praying as well. Joice moved to another branch, but I hear that she's doing really well!

I have an awesome story to relate. So, our bunk beds have never really been all that sturdy. Since day 1 they've wobbled and made noises, etc. On Tuesday of last week at 3 in the morning, I woke up to a snapping sound and was suddenly on the ground. Yep, our bed fell. Elder Sande and I were both fine, but it was hilarious. So, I took to sleeping on the ground for a bit until we get a replacement. On Thursday, Elder Kelsey and Elder Schioser's bed did the exact same thing. The blessing is that it did it before we went to sleep. (I've been sleeping where it fell, so that would've been... painful.) Anyhow, it was just really surreal and super funny. We took pictures. You'll all see them someday... I promise. =)

Life here is life here. Transfers will happen on the 26th, we'll get a new missionary (Elder Kearney, I think) the following Saturday, and we'll continue with life here yet again. All is well, I'm happy, fulfilled, and dreaming of baptisms.

Really, I don't have much to tell here this week... Umm, I'm learning a lot lately. One of my goals is to finish the entire standard works this year. My progress is going well, and thus far it seems like it won't be a problem. Wish me luck, yeah?

Portuguese and I are getting on well. She's stopped playing hard to get so much, and now we're happy with each other pretty much all the time. ;) Seriously, though, I love this country, language, and people.

To close, know how much I love this work. I know the Lord is directing us with His might and that angels attend to us SO much. Sister Reedy says that the angels in Angola are overworked... Maybe so, but I'm grateful. I love you guys.

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment