Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Another One Bites The Dust"

 
 
 
                          Cody with the other Elders that have or are soon to leave Angola 
                                                       and start on a new path in life.
 
Dear Everyone,
 
My Mom started her weekly e-mail to me with the line "Another One Bites The Dust" and told me that my Dad would quote the Queen song whenever someone in their friend group got engaged.  I thought it sort of ironic that I'm coming to the close of my mission and another week has bitten the dust.  So, my friends, another week bites the dust and here we are.
 
Congrats to everyone getting married, having kids, going on missions, or succeeding in any other significant way.  I'm excited for y'all!
 
My week was incredible.  I had what I consider to be the "best" day of my mission.  I saw the most immediate success of one day on my mission on Wednesday.  We taught 8 incredible, spirit-filled, and inspired lessons (5 of which were with a member present), extended 3 baptismal dates for the 29th of June (which were accepted) and helped a few people who hadn't been progressing well start progressing.  It was simply a miraculous day.  Really, the whole week was incredible!  The 29th will be an incredible Saturday!  Our companionship will have at least 5 baptisms and they're all such cool people.  We're very excited.
 
I had a real witness that we can work effectively until the very end.  I won't quit.
 
I love this work and I love the Lord.  I love y'all and I hope that life is treating you right.  See you guys in a few weeks!
 
Elder Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment