Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Early Thanksgiving!



  Sorry for this posting a week late, Too much happened last week and I just didn't get to posting, and then I got sick just before Thanksgiving and am just starting to feel human again. 

  Cody's Mom

Dear family, friends, and random strangers,                        November 19, 2012

Happy early Thanksgiving!  Also, Reed, Nikki, and Jeff:  Happy Birthday this week!  I sure love you guys.  I hope life is treating you as it should.  Life on my end is brilliant!  We had a great week with lots of great insight and learning.  It went by FAST.

First off, I learned the importance of planning, effective study, and communication this week.  Little things lead to big ones.  We had a successful week, but I know that it could've gone better.  The Spirit could have been stronger.  The study could have been deeper, more insightful, more delicious.  And well, we've learned.  So we'll do.  As a wise man once said:  To know but not do is to not know.

Secondly, I learned more about the importance of focus this week.  I've been a bit unfocused as of late and it shines through onto the work.  The more I focus on what the Lord wants, the happier I feel.  This is certainly a key to success in life.  At times, it's easy to forget whom you represent.  I'm really striving to not forget.

As I read Ammon's words in Alma 26, I was touched by the way he "boasts in his God".  How do we boast in our God?  Do we live as He would live?  Do we do what He would want?  Do we believe in Him more than in ourselves or in man?  Someone once asked, "How do I love thee?"  Indeed, how do we love our Lord?  This is a question that has really touched me.  How do we show Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that we are truly theirs and that we want nothing else?  By living nothing else.  99% correct is still 1% wrong.  God is not a God of almost or good intentions--He's a God of action, repentance, love, and growth.  If we strive for 100%, He will help.  That's my testimony and my goal.  I will strive to be 100% obedient in all things.

Hipólito (one of our coolest investigators) came to the District Conference that we had this week and loved it!  He's excited to become a Mormon (as he told us) and seems really content with his new choice of religion.  He's a really good guy and I'm excited for him.

I'm excited for Thanksgiving on Thursday (we're going to the Thompson's and having a real Thanksgiving dinner!) and for Christmas some time after that.  Calling home will be nice.  =)  I'll let you all know more about that when I do.  I'm already listening to Christmas music.  I love it!

I love you all and thank you so much for your continued support, love, and prayers.  It helps more than you know.

All my love,

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment