Monday, March 26, 2012

Driving without rules!!!!

Dearest friends,

Well, I'm now officially driving in Luanda. Guess what? I LOVE it.
It's a bit like driving without rules... I'll have to relearn
blinkers, stop signs, passing only on the left, and basic driving
courtesy. That said, it's a blast. Elder Borden has compared it to
playing Frogger--but with a car. That's actually a really fair
comparison. I won't scare my mother with too many details, but
suffice it to say that, at times, I'm surrounded on all sides by cars
going in different directions. It's great fun.

The branch work is continuing on, we have no investigators, and our
"missionary work" is quite different than the norm. That said, we're
trying to embrace it. President and Sister have been working with us
a lot and I really enjoy that. They're really special people. It'll
be sad to say goodbye to them. That said, getting to know the new
Mission President will be a lot of fun and very good for all of us.
Angola is growing SO fast. It's so startling, but so good.

I've been having a bit of a hard time lately with just a few things.
If you could include me in your prayers, the extra strength would be
much appreciated.

I don't have too much to say today. I know the church is true. I
know that God is our Heavenly Father, that, in spite of ourselves and
our carnality, He loves us and is working toward our good, that The
Spirit truly guides our steps and builds us up into what we need to
be, that people get thrown into our lives for reasons and that we
can't let those reasons go unrecognized or ignored, and that this work
is heavensent. Friends, family, various other possible readers... I
love you all. Please know that. And know that our Father does too.
You should pray tonight, please. Talk to Him. Tell Him how you're
feeling and ask for a blessing of strength. He'll give it. Thank you
all for your love and support.

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment