Monday, October 24, 2011

3 Baptized, 4 more ready

Dear Adoring Fans and the eye-rollers who know me better than that,

I'm not sure what happened to my blog before, but no matter. Mom, could you please transfer all my old e-mails to it as well? I want to have those for myself when I get home. Also, spread the word around that this is the new blog site! Everyone! Please.

On to the meat of things. I'm trying to reply to everyone, but it's hard. Sorry for the delay, but please try to be patient with me--I only get 1 hour a week for e-mails. (Honestly, any more than that would start to drive me nutty.) =)

Life here is great as always! All 3 of our prospects (Francelina, Albertina, and Judith) were baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday! SO cool! Baptisms are an incredible blessing.

We had sort of an epic leak at the chapel last week, but we took care of it like men. We were without running water for a few more days, but that's handle able and now everything is up and running again.

It's looking like we have 4 more people who will be ready for baptisms soon (Ivonaldo, Domingas, Zidani, and Alberto) so I'll update on those when I know! =)

Elder Sande and I are starting to get on well... It's an on-going process. =) We're making goals and doing much better, however. It's great fun.

I got to see conference in English this week and I have to say... WOW! What an incredible set of talks. Priesthood session especially was very enlightening. Choosing a favorite is hard, but I loved what President Holland had to say about "lines of worthiness being drawn".

I've realized that life isn't complicated. People complicate it, but life itself is very pure, very simple. Notice the little things! They're hugely important. I am a big believer in the idea that if we pay attention to the little pieces of life, the big ones just fall into place. Think on that.

Today, I want to talk about Proverbs 1:7. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Take the counsel of the Lord and DO something about it. It'll change your life. It's changing mine. Be teachable. Encounter wisdom. And seek to know all things for yourself. I invite you to do these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all! Please, get word to people that this is my new blog site. I feel like that's important. Take care!

Until next time,

Elder Cody R. Eckman

No comments:

Post a Comment